LUNA supports Academy of Art University faculty instruction by providing access to over 275,000 images that directly support the University’s curriculum. LUNA also provides tools for creating amazing Web-based visual presentations that are ideal for classroom and research use.
- LUNA allows faculty to search our digital image collections including the Academy of Art University Collection and the AMICA Library, which total over 275,000 images
- LUNA supports compelling presentation features such as zooming in and cropping of high-resolution images during presentations, instant access to image data, and allows for easy integration of Flickr content into Media Groups and Presentations
- Images may be exported individually or in groups for use in other presentation software tools, such as PowerPoint and KeyNote, which do not require a network connection
Creating a Personal Account in LUNA
In order to take advantage of LUNA’s full functionality, users must register for a personal account. Simply create a username and password with the registration link at the top-right of the database:
Unregistered Users in LUNA Can:
- Search all collections
- Export individual images
- Explore public Media Groups and Presentations
- Play slide shows from Media Groups
- Export Media Groups
- Export Media Groups to PowerPoint
Registered Users in LUNA Can:
- Use all the tools available to unregistered LUNA users
- Create Media Groups and Presentations
- Copy public Media Groups to their own accounts
- Search and integrate external media via Flickr into Media Groups and Presentations
How Does LUNA Make Instruction Easier?
- Creating presentations in LUNA saves a great deal of time each semester by simply editing and reusing existing presentations as opposed to starting from scratch with each lecture every semester
- LUNA's interface design is based upon years of research, experience, and collaboration on how reproductions are used in research and teaching
- Using digital images in LUNA increases student involvement
- Class time is more productive since students have access to the images and presentations both before and after lectures
How Does LUNA Enhance Instruction?
- LUNA supports cross-collection searching to make sure all images are discoverable
- Users can view multiple images and arrange them in order of importance to meet learning objectives
- Details not visible normally become clearly distinguishable with the zoom capabilities
- Image data can immediately be accessed during LUNA's Web-based Presentations
- Notations can be added to images to illustrate important points and provide supplemental information
What Do You Need to Use LUNA in the Classroom?
- Internet-ready classroom *
- Digital projector
- Screen or white board
- Computer (Mac or PC)
* A network connection is not necessary to show PowerPoint or KeyNote presentations.
Please visit our LUNA Tutorials page for a selection of instructional videos produced by Luna Imaging, Inc.
Please contact the Library at (415) 618-3842 or email@example.com.