February 6th, 2017
This post is meant to provide you with a reference about what to do and who to contact when a copier or printer goes awry.
From our wiki:
For problems with the printing and copying system, please put in an email or call to MRC immediately, and cc Olga and Brian.
The number to call for service is: 877.459.0777
For problems with the dollar/coin machine, please call: 1-800-990-2234
Please remember to record the issue in the black circ note book!
Important: The copier in the faculty breakroom is not serviced by MRC. Its an older one serviced by Ricoh. I will update this post with more information but if there are any problems with the machine, please let Olga or Debra know. Thank you!
April 4th, 2016
Print on Alternate Paper option for printers and copiers.
If student’s print job gets stuck at machine and does not print:
1)Press “Job Status” button to the left of screen.
2)Find student’s print job at the end of the list. The job will say “Resources Required.”
3) Click the print job and a pop up menu will appear. Choose the “Print on Alternate Paper” option.
4) Then choose the paper tray. You can check the machine trays for their labels indicating paper size, Color or B&W.
- - -
*Special note: Although, we can change the paper option at the printer, you cannot change between Color and B&W ink after it has been sent from the computer.
1) Student wants to print out a color photo.
2) Student’s job gets stuck because they chose print setting “B&W- Tabloid.”
3) If I go to the printer and change the paper to “Tray 3 U.S. Letter Color,” it will still print out as B&W ink, but on color paper.
In these cases, you will need to help the student resend their document from the computer.
February 24th, 2016
If you ever do a LINK+ paging search and you cannot find the book but there is an alternate copy of the same book on the shelf (i.e. they are under the bibliographic record in Millennium, they just have different barcodes), you can send that alternate copy to the borrowing library. This is how you do it:
1. Search/Holds function and scan barcode of book to bring up record.
2. If both copies are listed, they share a bibliographic record and you can transfer the hold by clicking on the item record that has the hold and then clicking on the “Transfer Holds” button.
3. Select the item record number for the book that you did find and the Link+ hold will be transferred.
4. INN-Reach check out to remote site and scan barcode. The book should now check out.
**Make sure you change the original book you searched for to ON SEARCH in Millennium**