Print on Alternate Paper option for printers and copiers.
If student’s print job gets stuck at machine and does not print:
1)Press “Job Status” button to the left of screen.
2)Find student’s print job at the end of the list. The job will say “Resources Required.”
3) Click the print job and a pop up menu will appear. Choose the “Print on Alternate Paper” option.
4) Then choose the paper tray. You can check the machine trays for their labels indicating paper size, Color or B&W.
- - -
*Special note: Although, we can change the paper option at the printer, you cannot change between Color and B&W ink after it has been sent from the computer.
1) Student wants to print out a color photo.
2) Student’s job gets stuck because they chose print setting “B&W- Tabloid.”
3) If I go to the printer and change the paper to “Tray 3 U.S. Letter Color,” it will still print out as B&W ink, but on color paper.
In these cases, you will need to help the student resend their document from the computer.