Library Code of Conduct
The Academy of Art University Library encourages all students and faculty to visit the library. Those using the library and its resources have the right to expect a safe, comfortable environment that supports appropriate library services. In turn, visitors are expected to behave appropriately in the library, which means adhering to the Academy of Art University Student Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct is available for review here:
Additionally, the following is a list of inappropriate and disruptive behaviors that will not be tolerated:
- Harassment of any kind toward staff and patrons. This includes, but is not limited to, threats, verbal and physical abuse, and sexual harassment.
- Making suggestive comments/asking questions outside the realm of polite conversation or regular library business.
- Staring at, following, or photographing/video recording library patrons and staff without consent.
- Obscene, lewd or indecent behavior.
- Uncooperative attitude, unreasonably boisterous actions, or actions that deliberately annoy others or prevent the legitimate use of the library and its resources.
- Using spray mount or other toxic fixatives.
- Destruction or theft of library properties or materials; library facilities vandalism.
- Refusal to follow instructions given by University personnel that results or may result in bodily harm to oneself, other students, faculty or staff; including but not limited to emergency evacuation and request to disassemble and vacate premises.
- Violation of any published Academy of Art University rules and regulations now or later in effect.