Online students at the Academy of Art University have access to e-books, full-text periodical articles, and images through the Library's subscription databases. Always log in to these databases through their links on the Library's Online Resources page. When you log in from off campus locations, you will need to enter your name and student ID number.
Need some one-on-one help with your research? Use our Ask a Librarian form to ask questions or to set up a research consultation with a librarian. We can meet with you in person, online, or over the phone.
Full Text Online Books
- 4,500+ full text books in over 18 subjects, including art, history, and technology.
- Take it with you! You can download most ebrary books for 7 or 14 days.
- Create citations, mark your place, highlight text, and make notes using ebrary's toolkit.
- ebrary Help
- Over 100 new and classic books on fashion.
- Full access to the 10-volume Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion.
- An online encyclopedia of world art and art history, spanning from prehistoric to modern art.
- Contains artist biographies, information about art movements, timelines of world art, definitions of art terms, and links to image collections.
- EBSCO Academic Search Premier provides full-text for more than 4,600 journals and magazines, including:
- EBSCO Art Source provides access to over 630 full-text journals and more than 220 full-text books, including:
- EBSCO OmniFile Full Text provides access to over 2,800 full text journals and magazines, including:
- Provides access to over 12,000 videos for over 30 software applications including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Maya, and many more.
- You must create your own personal account to access Digital Tutors using your Academy of Art University email address.
- The Academy of Art Library provides students and faculty with access to hundreds of thousands of digital images.
- Our largest digital image database, LUNA, includes images digitized by request from faculty to support the Academy of Art University curriculum.
- The library has links to projects from many departments on our MFA Thesis page. Click on your department to view all of the digitized theses. You will need to log into your student account in able to access these projects. The file will open as a PDF that you can read on your computer.
- The Graduate Department has also created a page with excellent examples of thesis projects from past students. You do not need to log into your student account to see these projects.
AAU Fashion Channel (YouTube)
- AAU's Fashion Channel on YouTube has videos of student fashion shows, merchandising projects, interviews with designers, and more.
- View videos of guest speaker presentations at the Academy of Art University. Includes presentations from professionals and industry players, as well videos from Academy events.
- There are a lot of great tutorials on our website for all AAU students, both online and onsite.
- These tutorials include information on how to start a research paper, cite your sources in MLA format, use EBSCO and other databases to find information online, and more.
- Take a look at your major's subject guide to see the websites and online resources that AAU librarians have recommended as excellent resources.
- Each subject guide contains links to professional organizations, blogs, and online image collections, all chosen specifically for your major!