This subject guide contains a small, curated selection of some of the AAU Library's Art Education books and movies. Click here for the full list of our Art Education resources.
Art Education Issues
- Art as experience (2005)
- Intricate palette: working the ideas of Elliot Eisner (2005)
- Contemporary issues in art education (2002)
- Current research in arts education: an arts in education research compendium (2001)
- The roots of art education practice (2001)
- A history of art education: intellectual and social currents in teaching the visual arts (1990)
Curriculum and Instruction Development
- Institutional time: a critique of studio art education (2014)
- Reaching and teaching: students with special needs through art (2006)
- Art for life: authentic instruction in art (2005)
- Rethinking curriculum in art (2005)
- Art and cognition : integrating the visual arts in the curriculum (2002)
- Assessment in art education (1997)
Art Education in the K-12 Classroom
Education in the Museum
Articles and Reference Resources
- Full Text Online Journal and Magazine Articles
- ebrary – Full Text Online Books
- Oxford Art Online – Full Text Online Art Encyclopedia
Ask a Librarian:
Librarians are available to help you with your research from 11 to 4 Monday-Friday and from 1 to 3 on Saturday.
Ask staff members at the Circulation Desk in order to connect with a librarian.