Log in to renew your books
Game Design Industry
- How to become a video game artist: the insider's guide to landing a job in the gaming world (2013)
- Understanding video games: the essential introduction (2013)
- Breaking into the game industry: advice for a successful career from those who have done it (2012)
- Fun Inc. : why gaming will dominate the twenty-first century (2010)
Game Design Principles
- Core HTML5 canvas: graphics, animation, and game development (2012)
- Maya Python for games and film : a complete reference for the Maya Python and the Maya Python API (2012)
- Gamification by design : implementing game mechanics in web and mobile apps (2011)
- Producing games: from business and budgets to creativity and design (2010)
- The art of video games: from Pac-Man to mass effect (2013)
- Drawing basics and video game art: classic to cutting-edge art techniques for winning game design (2012)
- Interactive storytelling for video games: a player-centered approach to creating memorable characters and stories (2011)
- How to create fantasy art for video games (2010)
Articles and Reference Resources
- Digital Tutors
- You must sign up with your Academy of Art University email address (@art.edu or @academyart.edu). For more information see the Digital Tutors FAQ page.
- Music Library – You must log in with your Academy of Art Username and Password.
- The Animator's Survival Kit
- Safari Technical Books are available with a San Francisco Public Library Card.
- Includes books on Game Design, Animation, Maya, Adobe Flash, and more.
- San Jose Public Library and Berkeley Public Library users (with a library card) may also access Safari Books Online through those library websites.
- For Non Bay Area Students, check out your local public library for online access to technical manuals or for technical manuals in their physical collection.
Ask a Librarian:
Librarians are available to help you with your research from 11 to 4 Monday-Friday and from 1 to 3 on Saturday.
Ask staff members at the Circulation Desk in order to connect with a librarian.