- Design research: investigation for successful creative solutions (2012)
- Design research: investigation for successful creative solutions [e-book] (2012)
- Universal methods of design: 100 ways to research complex problems, develop innovative ideas, and design effective solutions (2012)
- Graphic design thinking: beyond brainstorming (2011)
- Visual research: an introduction to research methodologies in graphic design [e-book] (2011)
- Creative research: the theory and practice of research for the creative industries (2010)
- Design integrations: research and collaboration [e-book] (2009)
- A designer's research manual: succeed in design by knowing your clients and what they really need (2006)
- Visual research: an introduction to research methodologies in graphic design (2005)
- Design research: methods and perspectives (2003)
Articles and Reference Resources
- Full Text Online Journal and Magazine Articles
- ebrary – Full Text Online Books
- Digital Tutors
- You must sign up with your Academy of Art University email address (@art.edu or @academyart.edu). For more information see the Digital Tutors FAQ page.
- Oxford Art Online – Full Text Online Art Encyclopedia
- Academy of Art University Digital Image Resources
- AIGA Design Archives
- Rare Book Room
- Reed College Artists' Books Collection
- Mac fonts
- Safari Technical Books are available with a San Francisco Public Library Card.
- Includes books on Graphics, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and more.
- San Jose Public Library and Berkeley Public Library users (with a library card) may also access Safari Books Online through those library websites.
- For Non Bay Area Students, check out your local public library for online access to technical manuals or for technical manuals in their physical collection.
Ask a Librarian:
You can ask us reference questions using the Ask A Librarian form!
You can also use this form to set up an online or phone reference interview.
Ask a Librarian:
Librarians are available to help you with your research from 11 to 4 Monday-Friday and from 1 to 3 on Saturday.
Ask staff members at the Circulation Desk in order to connect with a librarian.