Communicating with Digital Media
- JournalismNext : a practical guide to digital reporting and publishing (2010)
- The digital journalist's handbook (2010)
- The Wall Street journal guide to information graphics : the dos and don'ts of presenting data, facts, and figures (2010)
- The Yahoo! style guide : the ultimate sourcebook for writing, editing, and creating content for the digital world (2010)
- Byte-sized television: create your own TV series for the Internet (2011)
- The art of immersion: how the digital generation is remaking Hollywood, Madison Avenue, and the way we tell stories (2011)
- Web video : making it great, getting it noticed (2009)
- Producing video podcasts : a guide for media professionals (2008)
On Camera: Reporting and Hosting
- The art of the interview : a guide to insightful interviewing (2007)
- On camera: how to report, anchor & interview (2006)
- Writing for broadcast news : a storytelling approach to crafting TV and radio news reports (2006)
- It takes more than good looks ... to succeed at television news reporting (2003)
- Sound and look professional on television and the Internet : how to improve your on-camera presence (2000)
- Telling the story: the convergence of print, broadcast and online media (2013)
- A handbook of media and communication research: qualitative and quantitative methodologies (2012)
- Media and communication research methods: an introduction to qualitative and quantitative approaches (2011)
- How to do media & cultural studies [e-book] (2003)
Articles and Reference Resources
- Digital Tutors
- You must sign up with your Academy of Art University email address (@art.edu or @academyart.edu). For more information see the Digital Tutors FAQ page.
- American Communication Association
- Asian American Journalists Association
- Association for Women in Communications
- Bay Area Women in Film
- National Association of Black Journalists
- National Association of Broadcasters
- National Association of Hispanic Journalists
- National Communication Association
- National Federation of Press Women
- National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association
- Society for Technical Communication
Ask a Librarian:
You can ask us reference questions using the Ask A Librarian form!
You can also use this form to set up an online or phone reference interview.
Ask a Librarian:
Librarians are available to help you with your research from 11 to 4 Monday-Friday and from 1 to 3 on Saturday.
Ask staff members at the Circulation Desk in order to connect with a librarian.