- The synergy of film and music: sight and sound in five Hollywood films (2013)
- Music composition for film and television (2011)
- Complete guide to film scoring : the art and business of writing music for movies and TV (2010)
- Hearing the movies : music and sound in film history (2010)
- Reel music : exploring 100 years of film music (2006)
Video Game Music
- The game audio tutorial: a practical guide to sound and music for interactive games (2011)
- Game development essentials : game audio development (2009)
- The complete guide to game audio : for composers, musicians, sound designers, and game developers (2009)
- Game sound: an introduction to the history, theory, and practice of video game music and sound design (2008)
- Elements of music (2012)
- Berklee music theory. Book 1: basic principles of rhythm, scales, and intervals (2011)
- Berklee music theory. Book 2: fundamentals of harmony (2011)
- Techniques and materials of music : from the common practice period through the twentieth century (2008)
- Berklee music theory. Book 2 : fundamentals of harmony (2006)
- Music theory and its methods: structures, challenges, directions [e-book] (2013)
- Modern methods for musicology: prospects, proposals, and realities [e-book] (2009)
- Music in words: a guide to researching and writing about music [e-book] (2009)
- Sourcebook for research in music [e-book] (2005)
- Empirical musicology: aims, methods, prospects [e-book] (2004)
- Collaborating in China: "Tongli, Red Cliff, & Popera" (Shaoqing Fang, 2014)
- Final thesis (Tiannan Cai, 2014)
- Jimmy Lin music: original score, sound design, mixing (Jimmy Lin, 2013)
- Karen Joo: music composer (Koeun (Karen) Joo, 2013)
Articles and Reference Resources
- Music Library – You must log in with your Academy of Art Username and Password.
Ask a Librarian:
You can ask us reference questions using the Ask A Librarian form!
You can also use this form to set up an online or phone reference interview.
Ask a Librarian:
Librarians are available to help you with your research from 11 to 4 Monday-Friday and from 1 to 3 on Saturday.
Ask staff members at the Circulation Desk in order to connect with a librarian.