Log in to renew your books
Designing for the Web
HTML / CSS
User Experience / Usability Studies
- Lean UX: applying lean principles to improve user experience (2013)
- A project guide to UX design: for user experience designers in the field or in the making (2012)
- Rocket surgery made easy: the do-it-yourself guide to finding and fixing usability problems (2010)
- Designing for the digital age : how to create human-centered products and services (2009)
- Don't make me think: a common sense approach to web usability (2006)
Professional & Business
- Aware: take control over stress (Neha Saigal, 2014)
- Spot: find parking in downtown San Francisco (Xiaoqin Zou, 2014)
- Triangle: elevate your game (Jesse A. Sobol, 2013)
- Foto class : a camera simulator (JeHyun Sung, 2012)
- Surface logic: intelligent multi-touch environments (Kevin Kwan, 2012)
- View All Web Design & New Media MFAs
Articles and Reference Resources
- Digital Tutors
- You must sign up with your Academy of Art University email address (@art.edu or @academyart.edu). For more information see the Digital Tutors FAQ page.
- Mintel – You must create your Mintel account with your Academy of Art email address (firstname.lastname@example.org, for students)
- Safari Tech Books Online are available with a San Francisco Public Library Card.
- Includes books on Web Development, Web Usability, Graphics, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash, Adobe Fireworks, and more.
- San Jose Public Library and Berkeley Public Library users (with a library card) may also access Safari Books Online through those library websites.
- If you aren't in the San Francisco Bay area, check out your local public library for online access to technical manuals or for technical manuals in their physical collection.
Ask a Librarian:
Librarians are available to help you with your research from 11 to 4 Monday-Friday and from 1 to 3 on Saturday.
Ask staff members at the Circulation Desk in order to connect with a librarian.