Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I sign up for an account?
- How do I check my Academy of Art email?
- Why is there a two hour time limit?
- Other questions.
How do I sign up for an account?
You can sign up automatically if you have an Academy of Art University email address (@art.edu, @i.art.edu, or @academyart.edu). (How do I check my Academy of Art email?)
- Follow this link: http://www.digitaltutors.com/groups/aau
- Fill in the Create an Account sign-up form.
- Fill out the form with your name and email address.
- An email will be sent to you to finish the process.
- If you do not receive the email from Digital Tutors, send an email to Heather Stenson, our Systems Librarian. Include your name, student or faculty ID number, and your Academy of Art email address.
How do I check my Academy of Art email?
Check your AAU email address here. Be sure to look in the Junk Mail folder if you do not see the Digital Tutors email.
Why is there a two hour time limit?
The Academy of Art University Library has a limited number of floating seats that we can use to access Digital Tutors. We can have 10 students logged into Digital Tutors at the same time, therefore, we have instituted a two hour time limit so that if there are students waiting to access Digital Tutors, they will have an opportunity to do so.
You are allowed to use as many two-hour sessions in a day as you would like. As the new semester begins, and as more students get signed up, we will at times reach the max (10 users logged in at the same time). If we reach the max number of students, the next student that logs in will be put in a waiting line. Once a student logs out or their session expires, the first student in the waiting line can start using Digital Tutors for 2 hours.